In 1895 Attorney Nathan G. Moore hired architect Frank
Lloyd Wright to design and build a half-timbered house for
him and his family in the village of Oak Park, located just a
few miles west of Chicago. In 1922 a big fire broke out and
the entire second floor and roof of the house were destroyed.
Wright redesigned and reconstructed the house that he had
built some 25 years earlier combining the original Tudor style
with Sullivanesque brick and terracotta ornaments.