The Lastenlinna Children's Hospital that can be
seen in the bottom of this vintage postcard was
a combination of the Functionalism of the 1930s
and the National Romanticism of the 1940s. The
complex combines a high-rise section with a
curved four-story wards building.
The complex is also beautifully linked to adjacent
Arvo Ylpö Park and Kirjailijanpuisto next to it.
Finally it is worth mentioning that at the opposite end
of these parks where the triangular site can be seen
at the top of the picture the remarkable Alvar
Aalto's National Pensions Institute was built some
years later in 1956.