The expressionist water tower of Posen was built in 1911
as an exhibition building for the Ostdeutsche Ausstellung,
before being finally used as originally intended. The
monumental form of the tower was seen then as a symbol
of "German" power. The architect, Hans Poelzig, built
among others important structures the huge office building
for the 1931 IG Farben Corporation in Frankfurt.
Post a Comment