Sunday, December 19, 2010

469. Bauhausbauten in Dessau


Dear Sibylle,

The Torten district in Dessau was built between 1926
and 1928 for the Reichsforschungsgesellschaft by
Bauhaus founder Walter Gropius. The new district was
organized from a central small square where the tall
cooperative building was located. From there, and
spreading out in concentric rings, two-story row houses
with small gardens behind were laid-out.

Best regards.
R

No comments:

Post a Comment